Everyone enjoys a splash of color in their hair that complements their appearance and distinguishes them from the crowd. Dying your hair is the new craze in town, everyone is joining the wagon! However, we’re all a little hesitant about dying our hair. The cause of this skepticism is the poisonous chemicals and harmful synthetics included in hair colors, which cause damage to our hair and makes it look drab and dull.
There are, however, various natural and organic options available to us. You may always dye your hair with natural materials— it is not only readily available in our homes, but it is also effective and free of harmful side effects.
NATURAL HAIR COLOR, YOU CAN MAKE AT HOME
Henna is a natural plant-based pigment, usually used to make temporary tattoos on the skin for centuries, that can also be used to redden your hair.
Henna is available in powder form and is the most long-lasting and bright natural hair color alternative. It’s possible that the color will persist for four to six weeks.
TO DYE YOUR HAIR WITH HENNA, FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
– Combine 1/2 cup henna and 1/4 cup water in a mixing bowl. Stir until the mixture is thoroughly blended and has the consistency of mashed potatoes, add in more water if required .
– Allow for a 12-hour rest period for the mixture after covering it with a plastic wrap.
– You should not wash your hair without first conditioning it. Put on a headband and run a nourishing oil like coconut oil around your hairline. This prevents the henna from staining your skin.
– Apply the paste mixture in tiny parts to damp, combed hair until it is completely covered.
– Wrap your hair in plastic and leave it to develop for at least two hours (up to six).
If you want to give your hair a reddish-orange shade, try carrot juice. The tint can stay on for a few weeks depending on your natural hair color.
To use carrot juice to color your hair, follow these steps:
– Carrot juice should be blended with a carrier oil like coconut or olive oil before use.
– Apply the mixture to your hair in large amounts.
– Wrap your hair in plastic and set it aside for at least an hour to allow the mixture to soak in.
– Use apple cider vinegar as a rinse. If the color isn’t strong enough, repeat the process the next day.
If you want a deeper shade of red with colder undertones, use beet juice.
Using beet juice as a natural hair dye follows the same methods as using carrot juice:
– Beet juice should be mixed with a carrier oil.
– Apply a generous amount of the mixture to your hair and wrap your head.
– Allow at least an hour for the mixture to rest before washing it out.
A cup of freshly made coffee can provide more than a simple caffeine boost. It can also be used to darken your hair a shade or two, as well as cover up some gray hair.
To use coffee to color your hair, follow these steps:
– Make a pot of strong dark-roast coffee.
– In a mixing dish, combine 1/2 cup coffee, 2 tablespoons coffee grounds, and 1 cup leave-in hair conditioner.
– Before applying the mixture, wash and dampen your hair. Allow at least an hour for the mixture to rest before washing it out. If required, repeat the process.
Coffee won’t make a significant difference in your hair, and it won’t last long. But it’s an excellent alternative to try if you need a quick and inexpensive boost.
Do you want to lighten your hair? Chamomile tea can be your go to answer, and it is especially effective for those with blonde hair.
To lighten your hair with chamomile tea, follow these steps:
– 1/2 cup chamomile flowers, steeped in boiling water.
– Allow half an hour for the mixture to soak and cool before straining the flowers.
– Pour the brewed tea through your moist hair at least 10 times after you’ve washed it.
– Before washing it out, let it sit for 16 minutes.
This treatment can be used once, but it’s most effective if you apply it at least once a week to keep the beautiful bright colour.
Lemon juice can help lighten your hair by slowly stripping it of its color. It’s ideal for creating natural sun-kissed highlights.
The results of applying lemon juice are permanent, unlike the other treatments listed here, which produce transitory color changes. The pigment on the hair that has been treated with lemon juice will be gone. You can clip off the lightened hair to get rid of it.
Follow these steps to color your hair with lemon juice:
– Fill a spray bottle halfway with lemon juice.
– Spritz your hair with the juice liberally.
– Use a comb to evenly distribute and separate the juice throughout your hair.
– For best outcomes, sit outside in the sun.
– Allow the lemon juice to sit for at least an hour before rinsing it off. If necessary, repeat the process to achieve the desired effect. It takes time to work, and you’ll probably need to repeat the process a few times.
Sage is an excellent option if you have dark brown or black hair and want to darken it up a touch. It can conceal unwanted gray hair while also darkening brunette hair tones.
To color your hair with sage, follow these steps:
– In a quart of boiling water, steep 1/2 to 1 cup dried sage for at least 30 minutes. (The darker the color, the longer you leave it to steep.) Allow the water to cool before straining the sage.
– Pour the sage water over your hair for as long as possible after you’ve washed and towel-dried it.
– Before washing it away, wait at least 15 minutes for the color to develop.
SWITCH TO NATURAL COLORS FOR HEALTHY AND EFFECTIVE HAIR
Hair coloring does not have to be harmful. Home-made and organic hair colors that provide healthy hair colors are terrific choices that allow you to enhance the color of your tresses without causing harm.