If you’re someone who is always serious about their health and fitness, you must try the age-old yoga practice. With its numerous benefits, yoga can help people improve muscles, develop flexibility, and feel renewed energy levels. Here’s how yoga can be a great alternative source for cleansing your exhausted system.
Whether we like it or not, Covid-19 will be around for a while, and with the fast development of its variants, the most recent of which is Omicron, it will continue to pose a serious health risk. Amidst the continuing third wave of Covid-19, it is critical to not only maintain our immunity and stress levels but also to effectively manage our chronic conditions.
In this pandemic, focusing on our health is the way forward, and yoga just may be the cure we’re looking for to all of our health troubles, whether physical or mental.
Toxins: the villain
The skin, the body’s major organ that is exposed to the environment all the time, and the nose are both vital filtering systems. These filtering systems are harmed by the contaminated environment that is packed with automobile fumes and other poisons. As a result, the air in the surroundings becomes the major source of toxins to which you are exposed on a regular basis. The food you eat is another source of toxins in your body. Toxic pesticides are used to grow food crops, and hormones are injected into animals to make meat for eating. Certain bottled beverages might also raise your body’s toxin levels. Subpar cosmetics and grooming items contribute to the problem as well.
Yoga for Detox and Blood Purification
Yoga postures and exercises not only help you acquire physical stability and flexibility, but they also have an influence on your muscles, veins, tissues and organs, boosting your internal strength and allowing blood to flow more smoothly through your organs. Various yoga positions are also meant to allow your blood to circulate naturally and other bodily systems to perform more effectively. Have a look at some yoga positions and exercises that might help you improve your health. Yoga Poses to Improve Blood Purification and Overall Health
PARIVRTTA UTKATASANA (REVOLVED CHAIR POSE)
The detoxifying Revolved Chair position is a bit deeper standing-twisting pose. Twisting the body into a prayer position with the palms together, while supporting the lower body with legs bowed in knees held together tests physical and mental flexibility.
- Your feet should be hip-width apart or together, depending on which is more comfortable for you.
- Then, imagine a chair behind you and bend your knees slightly. *Hold your hands together in the ‘Namaskar’ pose.
- Make sure your knees are in line with the middle of your feet. *Squeeze your shoulder blades together and press your arms tightly towards each other.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds before gently returning to your starting position.
- For better blood circulation, repeat this exercise 3-5 times each day.
While improving your balance and core strength, the standing Eagle Pose improves your calves, ankles, thighs, and hips. It helps you build better attention. It may help with a low backache or sciatica for certain people.
Eagle Pose is a wonderful remedy to the shoulder tension that is caused by sitting in front of a computer for lengthy periods of time. To unkink your shoulders, practice eagle arms a few times a day, either while seated as part of a desk yoga program, or immediately after your yoga warm-up.
- First, stand tall with your feet together and arms at your sides. Next, raise your left foot and position it behind your knees.
- After you’ve lifted your knees, cross your arms at the elbow joint and aim your hands upward.
- Inhale and hold your posture for as long as you can hold your breath by joining your palms and keeping your fingers upright.
- For blood cleansing, repeat this exercise 5-10 times each day.
MARICHYASANA (SAGE TWIST POSE)
This sitting forward bend position is also a binding pose, by pulling the thighs tight to the abdomen while twisting the clasped wrists behind the back. The most important aspect of mastering this pose is drawing in the belly while still breathing slowly and deeply to keep the hips balanced when in forward bend.
Sage Twist Pose can be useful in flow yoga sequences to help improve energy levels in the body.
- To begin, take a seat on the floor with both legs straight.
- Rotate your body towards your left knee while bending your left leg towards your chest.
- Wrap your right arm over your left knee in the same position, with the knee facing the right elbow.
- In this stance, clasp your hands behind your back and take deep breaths. *Then slowly relax your body and repeat 5 times on each side.
URDHVA DHANURASANA (WHEEL POSE)
The Forearm Wheel Position is a more advanced backbend wheel pose that expands the chest and shoulders while also strengthening the spine, neck, and thighs. It can energize fatigued feet as well as alleviate general exhaustion, anxiety, and even headaches.
- To begin, lie down on your back and position your arms behind your shoulders, palms towards the ground.
- Pull your feet inward and press down on the ground with your hands.
- Form a half circle with your body by balancing it and raising your midsection in the air.
- Hold this position for around 30 seconds before carefully lowering your body to the floor. Do this exercise 10 times each day.
ADHO MUKHA VRKSASANA (HANDSTAND POSE)
This position is tough to master and should be done with the assistance of a trainer or someone to supervise you. The eagle handstand stance is excellent for people with cardiovascular issues since it relieves stress on the heart and boosts immunity. This position also helps to relieve allergies and improves digestion. It is beneficial to blood circulation in the body, particularly in the pineal and pituitary regions.
- Kneel on the floor and clasp your fingers together to form head support.
- Then, with your upper arms rolled outwards, push them on your inner wrists.
- Place your head firmly on the floor, and then gently raise your legs.
- Give one leg a little push to maintain it straight above the ground.
- Hold this posture for as long as you can, keeping your body and spine straight.
- If necessary, use a wall for support at first.
- Do this 3-5 times a day for maximum health benefits and improved blood circulation.
MAKE YOGA A PART OF YOUR LIFESTYLE
Yoga aligns the body with the aid of breath channeling through the body. Which results in a comprehensive sense of well-being for both the mind and the body. Yoga for detox is similar to applying a cream to your skin: some individuals respond quickly, while others take longer. But the good news is that because yoga is so comprehensive, the effects are typically long-lasting!